Comprehensive Health Care Services
Visiting Nurses in Chicago, IL is committed to providing elderly people with top-notch medical care and assistance in the comfort of their homes. We are very knowledgeable in the most effective solutions to the various needs of senior citizens and their families living in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, and Will counties. From accurate diagnoses to relaxing therapies, our team delivers exceptional and accessible services.
To ensure that we will give the right treatment, our diligent nurse will first observe and examine the patient’s newly diagnosed condition or the exacerbation of a preexisting one. Once the results of the assessment are out, we will determine the kind and the extent of home health care that our patient needs in order to preserve his or her wellness.
Our skilled nursing services include:
- Administration of vitamin B12, insulin, and other intramuscular (IM) or subcutaneous (Subq) injections
- Bladder instillation
- Bowel or bladder training
- Foley insertion
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Management and evaluation of a patient care plan
- Open wound care or dressing
- Ostomy care
- Teaching care for an indwelling Foley catheter
- Teaching diabetic care
- Wound care or dressing change for closed incisions with suture lines
We want to help our homebound patients restore their musculoskeletal function without having to travel back and forth to a rehab facility. That is why our licensed physical therapists offer in-home rehabilitative therapies.
The physical therapy may include:
- Education in the use of assistive devices
- Flexibility exercises
- Home safety assessment
- Minimizing fall risk
- Orthopedic therapy
- Prosthetics training
- Range of motion exercises
If you want to improve your communication skills, turn to us. Our team provides speech-language pathology services as well as therapy sessions. The therapies are recommended for stroke survivors as well as people with developmental disabilities and speech impediments.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Articulation exercises
- Minimizing fluency difficulties
- Reducing phonological delays
- Sign language or alternative communication training
- Therapy for auditory processing disorders
- Therapy for Down syndrome and cerebral palsy
- Treatment for involuntary stuttering
We are dedicated to helping our patients redevelop their self-care skills and enhance their independence despite their injury or disability, so our licensed occupational therapists offer restorative treatment to clients at home.
The therapy may cover the following areas:
- Body mechanics treatment
- Exercise programs
- Improving coordination
- Lymphedema management
- Management and conservation of energy
- Muscle control restoration exercises
- Occupational therapy equipment training
- Physical strength training
- Range of motion exercises
The role of medical social workers is critical in ensuring the continuity of medical care after the patient is discharged from the hospital and has returned home after a surgery. This is because these workers are the ones who handle supportive casework and provide administrative assistance for patients and their families.
The services we offer include:
- Arranging inpatient or outpatient care
- Assistance in coping with emotions on lifestyle changes
- Bereavement support
- Community resource planning
- Coordination of follow-up medical checkups or treatment
- Crisis intervention
- Family or group counseling
- Guidance on health care policies
- Rehabilitation planning
- Supportive casework
Our team not only treats health issues that are already detected but also helps identify undetermined conditions. We hope to reduce the debilitating effects of symptoms, so we will work with the physician of our patient in finding out his or her illness. This way, our client will receive the most appropriate care.
We can assist the elderly in determining health issues related to:
Whether a patient has an exacerbation of a preexisting condition, acute onset of a recent diagnosis, or a new medication, home health care services could be covered 100% by Medicare. To qualify for this, the patient should meet eligibility requirements. Give us a call for more information.